Tuesday, May 28, 2024

it just stresses me out so much less

it just stresses me out so much less to make dinner at 12:46.

for years i tried to time it out and have everything ready at official dinner time.

plated with preferences accommodated.

now with the kids being older and on the run it makes sense to make meals ahead of time with less pressure to eat together as a family unit.

i wasn't present when the kids would be in the kitchen talking to me asking questions as i was trying to cook while listening.

we still eat together a lot but not all the time which is fine.

i'm more present and a better listener when food is ready for them.

food and nourishment is love at anytime.

i watch people on tiktok meal prep effortlessly or so it appears.

"here's all my lunches for the week" looking pretty without breaking a sweat.

that ain't me.

i do the best i can the best i can.


chicken parm 

a family favorite

ft. cheater sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment