Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year (Pot Pie Edition)

I'm happy about my new coffee mug. It was a Christmas gift from one of my kids. I did some staging with this photo. See the cute little filter? It means I'm no longer popping 14 plastic Keurig cups per week and heaping them into a landfill. I'm also pleased to be saving money by using a bag of ground coffee instead of said Keurig cups. The bourgeoisie will get me one way or another, but I'm just here to drink decent coffee and hopefully retire before age 87.






















Marriage is an adventure of sorts. They say a true test of marriage is if a couple can team up to make a pot pie without fighting. We passed. What better way to bring in the New Year than with a delicious pot pie? This was our dinner last night. We used two nine inch pie crusts. For the filling we used rotisserie chicken, a can of cream of chicken soup, and frozen vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, green beans, potatoes, pearl onions). Season the filling as you like. Less than 10 minutes to make and about 40 minutes in the oven. Click here if you need a starter recipe. 



Happy New Year, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment