Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Thought for the Day from Eddie Vedder

I frequently listen to the Pearl Jam station on Sirius. I especially enjoy the concert footage that plays on the station. I've never seen Pearl Jam live so it's only through listening to the radio that I came to appreciate Vedder's interaction with the audience. In between songs he says things that surprise me. I like how he meanders and ponders. The music surprises me too. On the way to work today I caught the end of "Waiting on a Friend." I had no idea they covered the Stones in concert. Goodness.

So what's the thought for the day? During a show in Vienna that took place on June 25, 2014, Vedder said: "Don't jump ship. Don't become the man overboard. They might not find you." And what did he mean? Well, it's open to interpretation and frankly I haven't arrived at my personal interpretation yet. But the words struck me and that's why I share them here as thought for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment