Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Mundane is Sexy

I like to occasionally share ideas for recipes on this blog, like the time I wrote about what might be called an Almost Fancy Salad. I also gave the world my approach to Make Meatballs Great Again.

This morning I made a few things in preparation for dinner. We'll be having a Greek salad with Naan. We need dressing for the salad and tzatziki for the Naan. I like trying my hand at quick homemade dressings. Almost anything tastes better than what comes in a bottle, overpriced, at the grocery store. I went with a simple recipe from food.com courtesy of BeachGirl. I had all the ingredients available except Dijon mustard, so I used spicy brown mustard instead.






















I've made tzatziki a few times before, using yogurt as the base. This time I used sour cream (opened earlier in the week) that I didn't want to go to waste. I chopped up cucumber and threw it in with the sour cream, and added garlic and lemon juice. It won't win awards, but it'll get the job done.



Why am I blogging about this? Because I'm taking a break from finishing up my syllabi for the semester. Also, the mundane is sexy.


No comments:

Post a Comment