Sunday, November 22, 2015

Grading Grading Grading Grading and a First Try at Sheperd's Pie

Most of my weekend was spent grading papers. Today, on one of my breaks from grading, I made Sheperd's Pie for the first time. I don't recall ever eating Sheperd's Pie before today. I remember my best friend Ron ordering it at a diner a long time ago and having no clue what he ordered. I came across this recipe and wanted to give it a try. I followed the recipe most of the way and was pleased with how it turned out. Since I'm in grading mode, I'll give it a B. I don't have a rubric for Sheperd's Pie. My thinking is it tasted good but not great. It was more than satisfactory but not outstanding. It wasn't enough of a pie, as the picture reveals. So a B sounds about right. I don't know if the picture is Instagram worthy but I'll share it here anyway. If I had Instagram and posted it there, it certainly wouldn't generate Instagram Envy.

Cooking is fun and a stress relief for me. I like cooking big meals on Sunday so my wife and I have leftovers for lunch on Monday. I cook simple things that don't cost a lot of money. I think I actually have a dream to write a cookbook. Publishers, get at me. Click here for the recipe. I didn't use fresh thyme or fresh rosemary like the recipe suggested. I used a spice mix instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment