Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 State of Mind

I was wrong in predicting Trump wouldn't win. But I remain in the camp that says we are in a post-fact society. I have mostly stopped watching cable news. I feel good about that.

I am not a good sleeper, but suddenly I am sleeping better than in many years. But I must be feeling anxiety about a lot of things. I had a dream last night about driving a car with breaks that won't work. It's a recurring dream, one that might end because I mentioned it. I once wrote about having a recurring dream of trying to stuff giant contact lenses in my eyes. Since I wrote that post, I haven't had the dream again. The stats I see about web traffic for my blog tell me the giant contact lenses dream post is one that gets a lot of hits. So I know I'm not the only person with weird anxiety dreams.

Listening to the radio today, I heard Chuck Schumer say "Make America Sick Again" a bunch of times at a press conference. I don't think that's a bad move. Republicans brand everything and get people to pay attention in slogany sound bytes. It doesn't strike me as a terrible idea for Democrats to get in on the action.

I don't know where America goes from here. Before you know it, the middle of 2018 will be here and the next presidential contest will be underway. Who am I kidding? It's already underway, we just don't know for sure who will be running against Donald Trump.



No comments:

Post a Comment