Tuesday, March 14, 2017

On This Snow Day, Let's Appreciate the Greatness of "It's All I Can Do"

For 16 years I've been working as a professor at Niagara University, a lovely place situated in Lewiston, NY (near Niagara Falls and about twenty miles from Buffalo). Snow days have been extremely rare in my career. I would guesstimate fewer than 8 in all those years. I'm pleasantly surprised to have a snow day today. So far I've caught up on e-mail, made pancakes, and emptied the dishwasher. Just as I was about to have my second cup of coffee, one of my favorite Cars songs came into my head: "It's All I Can Do." Time to give this one a few listens before slugging down more coffee. Once properly caffeinated, I will set to work on class prep and other sociological pursuits. Have a great day everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment