Sunday, February 1, 2015

Bang Your Head

I think the highlight of my weekend was watching the documentary about Quiet Riot ("Well Now You're Here, There's No Way Back"). I feel like smashing guitars and joining a metal band. Not really, but I seriously liked the documentary and recommend it. I think you'll like it, even if you didn't scribble Quiet Riot on your book covers in high school in the 1980s (I did).

In other music news, I heard "Poetry Man" by Phoebe Snow on the radio when I was driving somewhere this weekend. It's a lovely song.

So now there are Quiet Riot songs rattling around in part of my brain, and "Poetry Man" calmly resides in another part. Or are they playing together in the same part? I don't know, I'm a sociology professor. I wonder how this brain activity will influence my preparation for classes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment