Monday, January 22, 2018

Film Recommendation: I Am Not Your Negro

The film I Am Not Your Negro is available at PBS for full length viewing until the end of the month.

I'm watching it this morning and paused at the 30 minute, 50 second mark to type these words from James Baldwin: "And there are days, this is one of them, when you wonder what your role is in this country and what your future is in it. How precisely you're going to reconcile yourself to your situation here, and how you're going to communicate to the vast, heedless, unthinking, cruel white majority that you are here? I'm terrified at the moral apathy the death of the heart which is happening in my country. These people have deluded themselves for so long, they really don't think I'm human. I base this on their conduct, not on what they say, and this means that they have become in themselves, moral monsters."

Here's the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment