Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Cold Take: Nirvana is Still Great

Maybe I'm biased as a Generation X person but Nirvana's music is great and continues to hold up beautifully. If you're visiting a desert island anytime soon you best bring Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York album. Though this is a cold take about Nirvana, I'm going to mix in a hot take about Courtney Love because when I think about Kurt Cobain I also think of Courtney Love. Courtney's a great musician in her own right and I dare say if not for sexism she would get way more acclaim. Go ahead and listen to Live Through This and tell me it isn't a great album. You could tell me it isn't great but you'd be wrong. I'm wearing my sassy pants today, fyi. And when you're done listening to Live Through This watch the movie Basquiat and enjoy Love's outstanding, scene stealing performance. But your first priority should be to listen to this phenomenal Nirvana cover of The Velvet Underground's "Here She Comes Now". I've got all the superlatives today, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment