Monday, July 14, 2014

Bob Schieffer - "The Selfie Urge"

Bob Schieffer has fun here at the expense of the selfie. I actually like the part where he takes a crack at the famous Oscars selfie that was promoted by Samsung. He isn't in faux outrage mode. He reasonably advises against putting oneself in harm's way to take a selfie. And he concludes the piece by taking a selfie.

 In case you're wondering about my selfie stance, I'll share a few thoughts. As a fan of the human face, I am generally in favor of selfies. I think it makes perfect sense for people to take pictures of themselves with a smartphone. First of all, it's easy to do. Second of all, we're in a picture-sharing age. Third, it can be fun. Fourth, many of us like pictures of ourselves. Fifth, because why not? So I say let the people take pictures of themselves and enjoy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment