Monday, January 23, 2017

When Donald Trump Spoke at C.I.A. Headquarters

If you only have time to read one article today, I recommend it be Robin Wright's piece in The New Yorker entitled "Trump's Vainglorious Affront to the C.I.A." It's an amazing report of what happened when Trump spoke to hundreds of intelligence officials at C.I.A. headquarters on Saturday.

This is what Trump is quoted as saying about being on the cover of Time magazine:

“Like, if Tom Brady is on the cover, it’s one time, because he won the Super Bowl or something, right?” he told the intelligence officials. “I’ve been on it for fifteen times this year. I don’t think that’s a record that can ever be broken.”

Directly after the quote is this sentence: Time told Politico’s Playbook that it had published eleven Trump covers—and had done fifty-five cover stories about Richard Nixon.

That's just one of many head shaking moments I had in reading the article. Really, carve out a few minutes from your busy day to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment