Monday, August 15, 2016

"If you have the money, having children is great" - Donald Trump


Flipping through the channels this morning, I passed an infomercial featuring Larry King. It would be interesting to watch King interview Donald Trump during this campaign, I thought to myself. I hit up the Google machine and came across a 2005 interview with then newlyweds Donald and Melania Trump. Near the 4:40 point of the interview, we glimpse Trump's view of children and housework: "If you have the money, having children is great. Now, I know Melania. I'm not going to be doing the diapers, I'm not going to be making the food.....I'll be a good father. I'll be doing my deals." Safe to say Trump does not carry an egalitarian ideology.

Curious about Trump's philosophy of relationships? He believes you don't have to work at them. Near the 8:30 mark, on the subject of marriage, he said: "I don't want to go home and have to work at a relationship." I guess, to use Trump's favored expression these days, working on relationships is SAD!

That's all for today, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment